The Apetizer

"The fine art of food cannot be understood
by your logical mind..
It can only be understood by your palette..."

Yohoo...
At last, we've made this happen in the REAL world..
This is just a simple blog made by two food cravers or
you can say "Food Connosiour"..( oh, I love that word! )
An this contains all the result of our heavenly mission to
taste the tastiest of this whole globe << that's what we aim.
But for now, we hope that all of you will satisfy with
Indonesia only.
Well, our first mission is to conquer Jakarta first and
then the others will follow.
So, for all of you in Jakarta, prepare for our assault!

To make it short..
"Food is not just a bunch of something to fill our stomach,
but it is a piece of masterpiece.."

Make this as your favorite quote guys..

So, hail all food connosiours!!

~Mr. Vee~



Let's wait for Ms. Nicks' posting..



18 January 2009

1+1 Restaurant, Alor Street, Kuala Lumpur

1+1 Restaurant is where I had my first meal when I arrived in KL for my vacation.
It's located in Jalan Alor which is KL's famous food street both for tourists and Malaysian people themselves and it is truly a pleasure for me to come to Alor..haha..nice food's evrywhere!

My first order was a Wantan Mee with soup.. 5.5 RM
They have to version of wantan mee which is the dry one and the soup one.
For those who doesn't know what wantan mee is; basically wantan mee is just noodle (mee), which they usually use quite thin noodle for it, served with wantan or wonton, charsiew, and some veggies. And this is one of the food that you'll find almost everywhere in KL (based on my experience).
This is actually my first time trying wantan mee after look at it many times in my Malaysian friend's blog..haha..
It taste good.
The thin noodle is similar to Tiongsim Noodle in Indonesia. The soup taste good although for me, I think needs a bit more seasoning since it taste a bit bland. The wantan was good with thin skin which I like and the charsiew is always as good usual.
Overall, I like this dish.


My dad tried their dimsum which you can see below.
I forgot what's it's name but it is a prawn dumpling. It's actually Swikiau in Indonesia.
Taste okay.


Hmm.. I also forgot what is this but it's basicly dumpling with some crab filling.
Taste good.

Prawn siumay. This is one of the best siumay I've ever eat.
Filled with a lot of succulent prawn. You'll never want to stop eating it.

Lotus filled pao. The lotus filling is like kaya with it's brownish color but taste good and they put a really lot of lotus filling in it which make this taste good.
But I think the pao itself was quite hard.

Hmm.. This is prawn shrimp roll with tofu skin maybe if I'm not mistaken but taste like prawn cake.
Taste good, but I think the sweet sauce didn't match really well with the shrimp roll.

Charsiew pao. Taste soo gooodd...
It's filled with lott of charsiew which taste so good.
Stunning.
But again, the pao itself is a bit to hard for me..T.T

This is the champion of this resto, the curry laksa! 6 RM.
For those who doesn't know what laksa is, it is basically noodle with some other ingridients like cockle, tofu, and many other things you may want to put it in with the curry like gravy.
I tried this in my second visit during my KL trip and this is certainly the best laksa I've ever had in KL and in my life coz I tried laksa in this KL trip for the first time.
You'll never imagine how rich the soup is. The thickness of the soup with it's richness really bring the whole laksa dream in your palette. The noodle was good and the cockle was cooked right in it's perfect point where you'll find the outside perfectly cooked and the inside is still ooey-gooey. So good.
I wish I have 1 more hand to give this laksa 5 thumbs at once.


Teh Tarik. 1.5 RM
Yumm..

Dry wantan mee. 5.5 RM
This is my sister's order at our second visit.
It's ingridients is basically the same with the soup one but they mix the noodle with some brownish sauce that looks like sweet soya sauce for me, therefore I thought that this taste sweet.
But it actually not.
The brown sauce came from a brown soya sauce wich doesn't taste sweet at all.
For overall, this wantan mee is good.
Tasty.


Hot teh tarik. 1.5 RM
You know what it taste like laah..haha..


For overall, 1+1 resto is one of the tastiest resto I've tried in KL.
Especially for their laksa which absolutely stunning and their wantan mee which is very good.
Good pricing, not expensive.
In rupiah, you'll like spend not more than Rp 25.000 per person.


My Rating : 8,5 out of 10
Well, I would give 10 out of 10 for the laksa itself..hahaha..


~Mr.Vee~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!