The Apetizer

"The fine art of food cannot be understood
by your logical mind..
It can only be understood by your palette..."

Yohoo...
At last, we've made this happen in the REAL world..
This is just a simple blog made by two food cravers or
you can say "Food Connosiour"..( oh, I love that word! )
An this contains all the result of our heavenly mission to
taste the tastiest of this whole globe << that's what we aim.
But for now, we hope that all of you will satisfy with
Indonesia only.
Well, our first mission is to conquer Jakarta first and
then the others will follow.
So, for all of you in Jakarta, prepare for our assault!

To make it short..
"Food is not just a bunch of something to fill our stomach,
but it is a piece of masterpiece.."

Make this as your favorite quote guys..

So, hail all food connosiours!!

~Mr. Vee~



Let's wait for Ms. Nicks' posting..



18 January 2009

Cu Cha Restaurant, Alor Street, Kuala Lumpur


Cu Cha restaurant is located in Alor Street, Kuala Lumpur and it is certainly the most crowded resto in Alor Street, that's the main reason we come here.
It has many small stall inside the resto like bakute, satay, dessert corner, BBQ corner, etc. So it's so much fun there.


My mom tried hainanese rice with BBQ Pork and Charsiew
The Hainanese rice is a bit to bland for me and the rice itself was a bit overcook.

The charsiew is so good. From it's texture we'll know that this charsiew is so fresh that it's got a really tender texture like it's just been roasted before you order..haha..
The sweet red sauce was nice, just a nice compliment to the tender meat.
The roast pork is definetely the champion of this resto..
This is truly the best roast pork i've ever tried in my live. You'll always crave for it's perfectly crisp skin and the really tender meat inside. It's perfect.
The meat itself was quite dominate the inside coz it's only a thin layer of fat with really thick layer of meat. Good for diet.
This roast pork is so good 'til we order the next portion only roast pork without charsiew! haha..
(picture below)



Ice Kachang.
This was the first time I tried Ice Kachang. It tasted like chendol for me..
The palm sugar quite dominated the taste but for overall, it's not bad although I prefer Indonesian Ice Campur..haha..

Char Kwe Tiao.
Good, mostly because of it's frying smell..needs more cockle..haha..
5 RM if I'm not mistaken.




Bakute. 12 RM.
The first time I tried this dish..
hmm..
I like it's soup so much which I think has a really rich taste and a lot of filling to.
But this is not the best bakute I tried in KL..
I'll post Ah Yee bakute next time..hehe..


Fried oyster. 10 RM.
I actually expect more than this..
I thought fried oyster means a lot of oyster with omelette but this one seems like omelette with oysters garnishing.
Taste okay.

BBQ Wing. 2,4 RM each.
Quite expensive but I envy this so much since it's everywhere along the Alor Street and people keep on buying it. So I ordered this on my second visit to Cu Cha.
It taste like ordinary roast chicken actually only that this wing is truly big size.haha.

Lee Chian Kang.
It's actually Ice Sekoteng in Indonesia..hahaha..
Taste good but I've tried richer one than this.


The Laksa seller in Cu Cha.


For overall, Cu Cha is a good restaurant although one of the most expensive in Alor.
But it's the most crowded there so it must be good.


My rating : 8,5 out of 10

~Mr.Vee~

2 comments:

The Malaysian Explorer said...

Yes I've eaten there before. Especially like the roast pork.

Cheers!
Visit the Kuala Lumpur page
for quick facts and interesting information about Kuala Lumpur.

Mr. Vee and Ms. Nicks said...

Hey there!
Yea..
The roast pork is perfect.
You live in KL?